Our client is one of the most disruptive investment management firms in the industry, with a global footprint and extremely high-calibre engineering and business teams.
They seek an Application Support Specialist who will be responsible for the daily operations of the trading systems. In a hands-on capacity, you'll join a team of support engineers who deploy, configure, and monitor production systems; diagnose and solve issues; and optimise systems for growth and efficiency. You will cultivate a customer-centric culture where support engineers collaborate with portfolio managers and developers to understand business requirements and solve problems, while continuously improving systems and managing risk.
You will find yourself in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and will be expected to leverage your abilities to understand and troubleshoot complex business and technical problems; and make sound technical decisions. You'll be successful if you have in-depth financial industry experience, the demonstrated ability to drive issue resolution under pressure, and a history of advocating-for-and-delivering continuous improvement.
- Support systems and applications across all areas front to back, including (but not limited to) systems used for trade capture; middle and back office operations; static and market data capture; distribution; risk; and PnL
- Deal with traders, operations and middle office, across multiple asset classes (equities, rates, FX, credit, etc.) and familiar with the trade, static and market data required in trade flow
- Onboard new portfolio management teams, execution desk, operations and middle office users. This involves setting them up in relevant applications and understanding their workflows to setup applications in most effective manner
- Act as a point-of-contact for any user system and application queries and issues, ranging from simple technical tasks to complex business issue investigations. Ensuring timely resolution and good communication for all issues
- Form a close working relationship with development teams to communicate user requirements, identify common support issues (including root cause) and recommend changes to improve future platform supportability
- The role will be required to assist with some degree of testing new releases in a UAT capacity and manage some production release
- There may be a requirement to work staggered shifts to cover global trading times. There will be occasional weekend work.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Approximately 5+ years' experience in support roles of complex production systems with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time
- Prior financial industry/trade desk experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to track multiple projects and context-switch between them
- Significant experience in UNIX/Linux, networking, a high-level scripting or programming language (Python), utilising databases, and SQL manipulation
- Experience in managing incidents; ensuring that incidents are escalated and communicated correctly; and following up with necessary problem management/postmortem steps
- Extensive experience in application support and administration
- Experience of working with FIX