Backend Developer (SRE Platforms)
This investment bank’s SRE Platforms team is responsible for designing, developing, and operating distributed systems which provide observability for the firm’s mission-critical applications and platform services. These systems span across on-premises datacentres and multiple public cloud environments.
As a Backend Developer in this team, you will work with customers, product managers, and SRE experts to define observability product features and drive their requirements and implementation. You will be responsible for designing and developing large-scale distributed systems to handle various aspects on observability at global scale. You will run production environments spanning multiple cloud providers and on-prem datacentres.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Go, C++, Python, C
- Excellent programming skills - developing, debugging, testing and optimizing code
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable with technical ownership, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Experience with distributed databases like Mongo, Hadoop, Cassandra or ElasticSearch
- Experience with open source messaging like Kafka/ Rabbit MQ etc.
- Knowledge of cloud native solutions in AWS or GCP
- Experience modifying open source software products, collaborating and upstreaming change
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.