This disruptive trading firm is looking for an outstanding C++ Developer to join their Data Services team, with the engineering, analytical and quant skills to help drive their ongoing success. The team responsible for the delivery of reliable, timely, and accurate data and visualisations for the internal trading and research teams. The data pipelines handle terabytes of exchange traffic, performing numerous transformations in real-time covering all the markets traded.
You will work alongside the some of the very best traders and developers, using open-source and in-house tools to build the data platform and produce measurable improvements across the firm’s systems. Previous experience in C++ is a must, as are a fluency in programming fundamentals and mathematical techniques. Experience in financial markets, derivatives or time series data is beneficial but not essential.
This is a growing team who sit on the trading floor and we partner with the trading desks, software development teams and IT operations. Over the next year Data Services will be building out the data lake which will become the central repository for data loads and processing pipelines. Due to the volume and number of data sets the team manages, this is a formidable challenge that will require innovative technical solutions.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong experience in modern C++
- Business communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Enthusiasm to rapidly learn new technologies and acquire new skills
- Efficient and diligent with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2:1 grade or equivalent
Preferred, but non-essential skills:
- Python scripting
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, serverless)
- Experience with Numpy and Pandas
- Experience working with large data sets
- Knowledge of financial markets & securities (particularly futures, options, and equities)
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.