Chief of Staff – Cyber Security
Our client, one of the top financial houses in London, is looking for a new Chief of Staff for their Cyber Security function. They will be the first line of defence, responsible for operational governance and oversight, as well being accountable for the metrics reporting and improvements to cyber security services.
This is a key leadership position, accountable for ensuring the robust control, security and resiliency of the computing environment, protecting customer and employee confidential information, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will be the relationship manager between the business units and the cyber security team in relation to our service contracts, performance, SLA reporting and overarching improvements to our cyber security controls. The scope of cyber security comprises detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, and evolving our security defences to keep ahead of evolving threats. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with Business Information Security Officers (BISOs) to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the firm's risk posture.
- Managing operational cadence of the cyber security team to ensure operational commitments are met (e.g. monthly reporting, KPI reporting, etc)
- Ensure contracts with the respective business units are maintained and agreed with the highly regulated business units. The role will be responsible for negotiations and relationship management with the CIOs and Executive business stakeholders
- Ensuring cyber security operations meet regulatory requirements
- Cyber controls reporting and performance management improvements
- Overarching financial management and financial governance of the team
- Staff and organisational structure management (staff, consultants, and contractors)
- Marketing and communications re: the cyber security strategy and objectives
- Developing and manage a cyber security outreach program
Technical Experience and Knowledge
The successful candidate will be a technology and cyber security professional with around 10 years’ experience including:
- IT and cyber security policies and standards
- Operational risk frameworks
- Regulatory compliance
- Technology resiliency
- Identity and Access Management
- Incident management
- Application security and secure systems development lifecycle
- Vulnerability management
- Data protection
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
- Experienced leader who demonstrates results in matrix organisations
- Proficient understanding of financial institutions and underlying business processes
- Regulatory and audit engagement leadership
- Resource management
- Negotiation and partner management
- Technological, organisational and/or operational change management
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.