Join a truly market-leading hedge fund in London, who are proud to be amongst the very top in the world. We're seeking and AWS-focused cloud engineers to implement and extend a suite of tools for Portfolio and Risk Managers. You will work closely with these management teams to understand requirements and translate them into specifications.
This hands-on role requires the candidate to have experience developing production-ready code in one or more languages (preferably Python). This individual will have experience with cloud-based infrastructure and the various offerings from public cloud providers. They will also possess experience automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure.
You will also utilise knowledge of Linux systems administration, containerisation, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management; ideally you'll have designed and implemented CI/CD pipelines (AWS CodeBuild is a plus).
- Collaborate in a small team of full stack developers in the build out of our portfolio management tools desktop suite
- Architect, develop and maintain risk cloud platform, frameworks and offerings
- Working with application developers and owners to understand requirements
- Developing automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Designing CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing, and gates
- Implementation of availability, security, and performance monitoring and alerting
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies
- Management and operation of environments
- Automating systems configuration and orchestration using tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Automated creation of machine images and containers
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Designing and supporting production cloud environments
- Developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code, preferably in python
- Systems engineering knowledge, including an understanding of Linux, security, and networking
- Configuration and automation tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vagrant, Packer
- Cloud templating tools such as CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Building, monitoring, and alerting on logs and metrics
- Cloud Networking including connectivity, routing, DNS, VPCs, proxies, and load balancers
- Cloud Security including IAM, Certificate Management, and Key management.
To apply for this role, either contact Paddy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.