Cloud Innovation Engineer
Join a bespoke innovation group within one of Europe's finest quant research firms. This role will be central to supporting the business; to make the most of the latest technologies. You will be part of a small team supporting the wider business in evaluating public and private cloud offerings, and collaborating in the development of cloud-native and hybrid cloud solutions. It is a dynamic role working across multiple kinds of projects running in the lab and the cloud from different areas in the business simultaneously.
- Supporting and improving the already-established AWS environments providing resources for proof-of-concepts and testing for the rest of the business
- Providing day-to-day assistance to lab users experimenting in AWS
- Helping shape the design and build hybrid-cloud solutions aimed at improving the lab’s service offering and reporting that will be used as demonstrators for the rest of the business
- Attending national and international conferences to keep updated on the latest trends and services
- Using your experience whilst experimenting in the lab to help define what services, solutions, or approaches the group should test next
- A key challenge for all the members of the group is to cut through the noise of the never-stopping flow of new technologies being released into the wild to cherry-pick the interesting ones to be put to the test. This requires you to have a real passion for innovation, as well as a solid and proven track-record in building cloud-based solutions.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience in designing and building secure hybrid big-data platforms taking advantage of both AWS and third-party services
- Solid knowledge of AWS concepts and services, with a particular focus around networking, EC2, IAM, and AWS Organisations
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with HPC/HTC systems and environments
- Have a passion (and track-record) for benchmarking innovative technologies and approaches between each other and against existing solutions
- Previous experience as a Solutions Architect, Cloud Advocate, Developer Relations, and/or Data Engineer would be beneficial, but not essential
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.