Cloud Platform Engineer
Our client, one of the leading investment banks in NYC, seeks a highly talented cloud platform engineer to join a core transformational services team. The team is responsible for architecting and delivering secure, robust, and innovative solutions which would enable the development teams to build and deploy new applications as well as migrate selected existing applications in to the public cloud.
The successful candidate here will be familiar with various cloud concepts, services, and tools, preferably from multiple public cloud providers. The candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of the team's work, including evaluation of new cloud products and services and integrating them into standard Morgan Stanley cloud solutions.
Technical Skills and Experience required
- Experience with architecting, designing, developing and deploying applications into the public cloud, in particular Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Strong knowledge of various public cloud services.
- Strong knowledge of container technologies: Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience designing and architecting Cloud Landing Zones
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration tools, such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, and Helm.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-discipline teams on architecture, features, and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues from diverse technical teams.
Preferred but not essential
- Understanding of cloud security products.
- System administration skills on Linux or Windows platforms.
- Experience within an agile environment and using CI/CD.
- Knowledge, awareness and contributor to open source projects is a plus.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.