Cloud Security Engineer
A market-leading trading firm seeks a Cloud Security Engineer to work with multiple business units across the firm to deliver secure cloud infrastructure and cloud integrated solutions. The position will partner with the technology teams to ensure the cloud environments used and configured are done so in a secure manner. Will also be responsible for defining global standards and guidelines to direct secure cloud development.
The successful candidate will be able to establish base guidelines, implement security controls, review architecture, and validate this is done in a repeatable and automatable fashion. While ensuring that the overall cloud presence of the firm is as secure as it can be.
- Review and audit AWS/GCP/Azure environments spanning across multiple business units and recommend changes to reduce risk and improve security.
- Support development and work with technologists across the firm to unify cloud security efforts.
- Integrate services and access routes in a data intensive hybrid cloud environment.
- Provide architectural guidance and support to ensure the various environments are securely deployed.
- Provide recommendations and create working examples of secure hybrid cloud implementations.
- Helping business units across the firm to securely migrate on-premise designed software to the appropriate cloud technologies.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the areas of cloud technology, security, services, and networking.
- Work with vendors and vendor solutions to evaluate products, produce recommendations for the firm, and educate internal clients.
- Identify and analyse vulnerabilities and work with the various business units on remediation.
- Continuously assess and enhance cloud privilege models to ensure least privilege access to data and services.
- Respond to any security related incidents.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required.
- Relevant cloud certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud encryption technologies including key management such as (KMS, HSM, etc).
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services, with exposure to other cloud vendors such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- A strong command of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and related technologies.
- Proficient with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes within a Linux environment.
- Experience with automation in the cloud, in addition to services used in loosely coupled serverless architectures, such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with security considerations, capabilities, and regulatory adherence for services across cloud providers.
- Working knowledge of networking in hybrid cloud environments.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.