Cyber Security Engineer
Brilliant opportunity with an innovative trading firm who take enormous pride in their technology and engineers. They’re expanding their core cyber security engineering team in New York City and are looking for a passionate, highly-technical individual to help build the next generation of their defence systems, protecting some of the world’s most sensitive financial data. To be successful, you’ll live and breathe cyber security, understanding the best practices of modern cyber security, able to leverage exceptional scripting and automation skills.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Tapped into cybersecurity developments: You follow cybersecurity news, but can tell the difference between the latest cool hack by security researchers and what actually matters in your day-to-day
- Strong scripting or programming and surrounding practices: You have interest and ability to automate in a real programming language, ability and desire to manage your code and configs in version control, and knowledge of your editor
- Measured response: Not everyone should be locking their entire lives down in the name of security. You can discuss trade-offs when it comes to cybersecurity, think about context, and understand what threat modeling is
- Understand and practice good personal cybersecurity hygiene, and can talk to others about it: For example, you know what a password manager is, and either use one or have something which you can reasonably argue is better, and can walk someone through the tradeoffs you've made
- A positive and collaborative attitude: You understand that a key component of cybersecurity is bringing others along with you on the journey
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.