Cybersecurity Awareness Engineer
Our client is one of New York City’s most-respected trading firms, made up of some of the very brightest minds in technology. They require a passionate and expert cyber security engineer to join their team and focus on increasing awareness across the firm. You will educate co-workers about security issues; further automate their awareness systems, write code to extract interesting and actionable metrics; and provide technical advice across the firm.
Awareness efforts are one of the foundations of the cyber security programme at this firm. In support of this, they have a variety of awareness-related systems, including fully automated and internally developed phishing simulations; password cracking; awareness surveys; metrics; and more. To be successful in this position you’ll need a strong technical foundation, scripting/coding skills, interest in the “why” behind security advice, and critical thinking and understanding about human behaviour.
The Ideal Profile:
- Realistic expectations of others. You think about how to make security doable by everyone, including your friends and family. You think about what people who don’t specialise in security have the capacity to do while living their not-security-focused lives
- Tapped into cybersecurity developments. You follow cybersecurity news, but can tell the difference between the latest cool hack by security researchers and what actually matters to the everyday lives of you and your co-workers
- Strong scripting or programming experience, and surrounding practices. You have the interest and ability to automate in a real programming language, the ability and desire to manage your code and configs in version control, and the knowledge of your editor (we don't care which editor, though)
- Understand and practice good personal cybersecurity hygiene, and can talk to others about it. For example, you know what a password manager is, you either use one or have something which you can reasonably argue is equivalent or better, and you can walk someone through the trade-offs you've made
- A positive and collaborative attitude. You understand that a key component of cybersecurity is bringing others along with you on the journey. You can work well with a team, admit to and learn from mistakes, and work together to find creative solutions in the developing field of cybersecurity awareness
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.