Data Science Engineer – Security Incident Response
Our client is looking for a Data Science Engineer/Developer to join them in Dallas.
In this role, you will be responsible for the creation of data science solutions to extract key signals from cybersecurity data sources. You will work with data science and machine learning technologies to design, test and deliver world-class models that decrease cybersecurity risk. The ideal candidate should have experience in applying statistics, building and testing models and working with big data solutions in a distributed computing environment. Experience with programming languages including Java, Python, R,& SQL. Candidates will be able to convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations.
- Responsible for the creation of innovative methodologies for extracting key parameters from big data originating from various sensors.
- Utilise expertise in machine learning, statistical data analytics, and predictive analytics to help implement analytics tied to cyber security and hunting methodologies and applications
- Design, develop, test and deliver complex analytics in a range of programming environments on large data sets
- Apply latest technologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate the big datasets and events, and derive dynamic cybersecurity rules.
- Generate highly accurate and near real-time security alerts based on the dynamic rules.
- Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness by applying data analytics.
Technical Experience and Knowledge
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can provide thought leadership in big data analytics.
- Responsive to challenging tasks
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
- Minimum 3 years full time work and post graduate work experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualisation tools (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of industry leading scripting tools such as Python, Powershell, R and SQL
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science and Machine Learning, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred.
- Four (4) years of additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Decision Science will be considered.
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, probability and statistics).
- Previous work experience in Cyber Security field is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.