Database Infrastructure Engineer
[c. 150-225k Comp Package (or equivalent), Flexible Working Options]
Join a high-performing financial organisation, driven by technology and distinguished engineers, as a Database Engineer. This role is within the Infrastructure Engineering team, responsible for designing, implementing, and integrating database platforms and automation on Windows and Linux-based systems. This opportunity offers hands-on experience in a cross-platform engineering team.
- Design, implement, and integrate database platforms and automation on Windows and Linux systems
- Maintain the firm's operating systems, authentication systems, databases, virtualisation infrastructure, core network services, and messaging endpoints
- Own and build out the existing database environment, workflows, and automation, in collaboration with a global team of database administrators
- Work with other Infrastructure Engineering team members to provide self-service and automation-driven solutions
- Collaborate with software developers and trading teams to optimise and scale database-related applications and software
- Degree in computer science or another technical discipline, or comparable work experience
- In-depth knowledge of at least one database platform (e.g., SQL Server, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra) and a working knowledge of others
- Experience and proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, and C#
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, information security concepts, and operating system internals
- Outstanding communication skills for significant interaction with different departments within the firm
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.