Desktop Support Engineer
Opportunities in New York City and Singapore, with one of NYC’s top trading firms. The Desktop Engineering team supports the IT needs of over 350 employees in multiple offices globally, ranging from basic users to highly technical programmers with complex coding environments. The Support Engineer will contribute to the team that manages Mac, Windows, and Linux machines. This will include on-site support of desktops and laptops as well as maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure.
- Support of laptops, desktops, and audio/visual equipment.
- Manage all inventory and procurement for technology items at the office.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
- Assist in global IT projects around topics like Single Sign-On, Active Directory, and more.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
At least three years of experience supporting technical staff on:
- Mac hardware and software running recent macOS versions
- Windows hardware and software running Windows 10
- Linux clients
- Basic networking understanding (DHCP, DNS, IP addresses and subnets)
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, ticketing systems, change management.
- Experience customizing and packaging software scripts and or applications.
- Knowledge of managing devices in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of MDM management.
- Proficient at scripting in BASH, Python, Ruby, Powershell, or another language.
- Experience using a client management solution such as Jamf or SCCM.
- Extremely comfortable using command-line interfaces (UNIX shells, etc.)
- Proficient in speaking Mandarin and English as well as reading Simplified Chinese (for Singapore based role)
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.