Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Singapore. Responsible for administering, supporting, and improving a technologically diverse stack used to research and trade cryptoassets across many exchanges and regions. Working directly with developers and traders to monitor the health and utilization of the systems to proactively detect/resolve issues as well as develop new tools to improve all aspects of operations.
This role involves a mixture of DevOps, as well as infrastructure and application support. The regular schedule for this role will be Monday through Friday, but a weekend on-call rotation will be required once every 3 weeks.
- Work as part of our crypto-asset team to establish and maintain best-in-class technical support for production 24-hour trading operations
- Provide support for USA, UK, Canada and Singapore-based crypto-asset traders and systems
- Develop proprietary process automation and monitoring tools leveraging third-party technologies as appropriate
- Troubleshoot and resolve trading system production incidents resulting from internal or external factors
- Automate software configuration and deployment procedures
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Work interactively with DBA’s, core development, trading desks, back-office systems, infrastructure and management teams when deploying production releases and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Prior experience supporting mission-critical, high-performance applications
- 3+ years of script development experience, preferably Python
- 3+ years database experience including query writing, table creation, and maintenance
- 5+ years Linux platform support experience
- Previous experience with Prometheus monitoring and Splunk (or similar tool) for log file aggregation is preferred
- Basic knowledge of how to implement TLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications experience, including multicast and websockets.
- Flexibility to take off-hours support calls as needs dictate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Self-motivated to continually expand your skillset and improve supported systems
- Demonstrates high-level of ownership and accountability for area of responsibility
- Able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organization skills, including planning, prioritization, and documentation
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.