Salt Lake City, Utah.
This investment bank’s SRE Platforms team is responsible for designing, developing, and operating distributed systems which provide observability for the firm’s mission-critical applications and platform services. These systems span across on-premises datacentres and multiple public cloud environments.
As a DevOps Engineer in this team, you will work with customers, product managers, and SRE experts to define observability product features and drive their requirements and implementation. You will be responsible for designing and developing large-scale distributed systems to handle various aspects on observability at global scale. You will run production environments spanning multiple cloud providers and on-prem datacentres.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building and maintaining either AWS or GCP infrastructure (VPC, EC2, ECS, Security Groups, IAM, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- Experience with observability platform like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus etc.
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins and deploying applications on AWS
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Comfortable with technical ownership, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Understanding of programming languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, or Java
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Experience with open source messaging systems like Kafka & Rabbit MQ
- Experience with distributed databases like Mongo, Hadoop, Cassandra, or ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of cloud native solutions in GCP and Azure
- Experience modifying open source software products, collaborating and upstreaming changes
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.