E-Trading Support Engineers (Senior and mid-level roles)
Our esteemed client is one of the premier trading firms in New York City. They require talented E-Trading Support Engineers to join their mission-critical trading operations team. These are the people who manage the live trading environment, which is one of the most robust and efficient platforms on the planet. Support Engineers will be responsible for configuring, monitoring, and optimising the firm’s trading, as well as handling risk, regulatory, and development tasks.
As part of this team, your day could consist of debugging to get a process running in time for the market open, making a difficult on-the-spot decision that balances compliance, risk, and PnL during trading hours, or coordinating the technical rollout of a new trading strategy. The team’s scope covers everything from systems infrastructure, to compliance, risk management, overnight clearing, and performance improvement.
In a high-performance environment, immediate awareness of and reaction to systems and trading issues is essential. You’ll be responsible for managing new initiatives and ensuring a smooth trading day. Will be the first line of defence when the inevitable happens, and the subject matter expert on recent changes to the production trading platform.
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems
- Ability to identify areas for platform improvement in a complex technical environment
- You can take difficult projects that involve coordination with multiple parties (internal and external), and bring them to fruition
- Excellent communication & prioritization skills
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- You are sceptical by nature and have a high attention to detail
- You respond well to working under high pressure scenarios
- Strong understanding of on-exchange and off-exchange/OTC products
- Working knowledge of FIX, OUCH, & other market-specific protocols
- Extensive experience supporting electronic trading systems
- Series 7/57 certification is a plus
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.