Enterprise Database Specialist
High-profile opportunity with one of the world's leading, tech-driven trading firms. This role offers lots of automation within your remit, balanced with ongoing collaboration with other engineering teams to deliver upon your unified goals. You'll work in an area with lots of visibility into the core business, and as such will build connections with many influential individuals.
The Database Specialist role will be part of a global systems team responsible to deliver highly available, high-performance, and scalable infrastructure to support trading and research. As part of the team, this role will be focused on working with internal development, investment, and infrastructure teams to design, deploy and support cross-platform databases solution such PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL. The successful candidate will be flexible and flourish working in a high paced and challenging environment.
- Deliver systems solutions in multiple environments: test, development, and production; full database ownership and management; linux administration and configuration management; and local/network storage management
- Cloud infrastructure management
- Monitor systems and databases to ensure optimal performance, availability and capacity
- Provide level 2/3 support and escalation management
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server administration experience required
- Experience with high availability, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, stored procedure development and optimisation
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems administration
- Experience with Python, Ruby or Perl
- Basic understanding of source control concepts, best practices and the software development lifecycle
- Full project life cycle ownership: project delivery from initiation to full implementation and deployment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Systematic and iterative approach to analyzing and improving systems and processes
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience
- Experience with managed cloud database services in AWS and GCP
- A working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Terraform, or Puppet
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMware and containers (standalone and Kubernetes)
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.