Frontend Engineer (SRE Platforms)
This investment bank’s SRE Platforms team is responsible for designing, developing, and operating distributed systems which provide observability for the firm’s mission-critical applications and platform services. These systems span across on-premises datacentres and multiple public cloud environments.
As a Frontend Engineer in the SRE Platforms team, you will work with customers, product managers, and SRE experts to define observability product features and drive their requirements and implementation.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent programming skills - developing, debugging, testing and optimizing code
- Passionate about building elegant and powerful user interfaces to solve customer problems
- Experience driving technical designs for frontend systems
- Comfortable making usable design and layout decisions independently
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers and of the full web technology stack
- Comfortable with technical ownership, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Strong knowledge of SDLC build tools, automated testing, and SPA packaging (Gitlab, NPM, Yarn, Jest, Webpack)
- Experience building UIs for data-rich analytical applications for technical users
- Experience with front-end state management systems, such as react-query or Redux
- Experience modifying open source software products, collaborating and upstreaming changes
- Experience with mainstream web transports and standards such as REST, WebSockets, and OAuth
- Experience with back-end API development using Go
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.