Head of Core Technology
Join this innovative prop-trading firm and lead their core technology team, developing connectivity software for low-latency communication with derivatives exchanges all over the world, real-time position monitoring, and additional utilities and frameworks for their in-house shared services. You’ll receive a high degree of trust, freedom and responsibility to produce technically-advanced solutions to demanding real-world problems.
As the Head of Core Technology, you will lead a global team of engineers and report directly to the CTO, in a key role helping to guide and support the firm’s continued rapid growth with their ultra-modern tech stack. You and your team will also be instrumental to the Technology Graduate Programme and other outreach programmes that you will continue to be involved in and have the opportunity to develop further.
The team includes many C++ experts leveraging template and metaprogramming in C++ 20 to enhance the productivity of the business. They include members of the standards committee who provide their expertise and knowledge to other technology groups.
The Utilities Team, of which you’ll also be responsible, have strong Python and engineering skills and focus on developing solutions used across groups worldwide. Currently this includes developing an internal CI/CD system and its build processes, tools to support process and event monitoring (with plans for developing orchestration long-term), and other general tools and utilities.
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- You will be a proven leader with experience of working with high performing teams with deep levels of expertise in C++, C# and Python
- You will have a background in financial services, specifically having experience in market making and exchange connectivity
- Ideally you have led multi-functional teams and managed Team Leads
- You are a strong coach and mentor and able to develop and support both junior and senior engineers to help them fulfil their potential
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and able to develop strong relationships with other Technology Leads, Business Leads and HR
- C++ development (11/14/17)
- Knowledge of multiple exchanges
- Ultra-low latency design
- Template programming
- Network programming
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.