Head of Disaster Recovery
Joining a leading firm which prides themselves on their technology, the Head of DR will be responsible for managing the entire program, including the assessment, planning, testing and recovery for any-and-all relevant issues. This position requires the individual to work closely with both technology and business teams to successfully execute the disaster recovery strategy.
Create the DR Program
- Create and maintain the firm-wide DR plan, which includes updating guidelines for disaster identification and declaration; and roles and responsibilities etc.
- Validate the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for existing applications and conduct analysis for new applications.
- Seek input from DR Coordinators and other stakeholders to define and maintain up to date plans for executing procedures during a crisis
- Design, plan, and coordinate testing and training activities.
- Monitor and respond to DR events and escalate as required a defined business committee.
- Provide coordination for response teams that are embedded within the tech organisation.
- Act as a primary coordinator between technology and senior leadership on DR topics.
Process Improvement and Evaluation
- Evaluate current processes and procedures for inefficiencies related to resilience and/or disaster recovery, and recommend improvements.
- Enhance IT governance and compliance programs to enable better resilience.
- Coordinate various DR initiatives (e.g. vendor selection, implementation, training, and audit).
- Assess cost requirements in the annual budgeting process.
- Provide regular activity reports to management (e.g. testing conducted, incidents occurred etc.).
Required Skills and Experience
- Designed and implemented and managed the Disaster Recovery program for a midsize organisation or large financial services institution.
- Is current on disaster recovery best practices and standards (e.g. ISO 22301, IOSCO, and FFIEC guidance); and global operational resilience efforts.
- Experience in cloud, hosted, and managed services in technology or financial services.
- Familiarity with technology infrastructure concepts.
- Data replication and restoration knowledge.
- Experience with disaster scenario testing variants such as loss of systems/applications/databases, servers, networks, and data centres.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Executive presence and the ability to work at all levels of the organisation (technology, business, and senior leadership).
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.