Head of Enterprise Cloud
Our London based clients are looking for someone to help lead their transition to cloud who has been there before, someone who understands the pitfalls and can inspire as well as motivate colleagues throughout the company.
You’ll be a part of their Enterprise Technology leadership team working closely with all the technology teams company-wide. Enterprise Technology leads their architecture, cloud, data, engineering and agile functions so you will join the team who are the most focused on building and driving technology and technology teams forwards.
- Leading their central cloud team in the setting of cloud strategy for the next 3 years.
- Working across the business you will build on the excellent and significant work to move to the cloud and help to pivot the entire enterprise towards a cloud-first future.
- Running a team of cloud SMEs, cloud architects, cloud engineers and cloud security consultants you will provide technical leadership and strategic direction across the whole of Group Technology, working with the various technology domains to help move their systems and services to the appropriate cloud-tech.
- You will be responsible for ensuring good technical and security governance along with appropriate controls on costs, regulatory responsibilities and technology selection.
- We have as many citizen developers within our business as we have engineers within technology.
- They are a data and compute hungry business who embrace data science, machine learning and innovative emergent tech and their colleagues constantly strive for more opportunity to use technology to drive business growth. You will need to support these colleagues so technology is always the enabler for them whilst ensuring our cloud capabilities will without question support systems, running investment platforms managing over £500bn of clients money, which must be safe, secure and robust at all times.
- As a member of the Enterprise Technology leadership team, you will work with your senior colleagues in Architecture, Data, Engineering and Delivery to ensure that as one group they drive forwards technical capabilities, attracting and retaining the best talent, helping the business expand its formidable IP and competitive advantage in the years ahead.
- Experience working in technical leadership and strategy role providing cloud solutions
- Proven ability in developing visionary cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of modern engineering and agile practices
- Providing technical vision for cloud adoption throughout the organisation with technical roadmaps
- Significant hands-on experience with both Azure and Amazon Web Services plus wider experience of other cloud vendors and hybrid multi-cloud approaches.
- Deep understanding of PAAS and IAC/CAC services and how to enable them, a proponent of DevOps and CI/CD pipelines with multiple technologies.
- Strong exposure to containerisation and Kubernetes EKS/AKS implementations
- Agile delivery experience, especially around TDD/BDD, test automation and helping teams to shift-left
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage in a dynamic and global environment.
Nice to have experience:
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong technical skills in understanding and deploying enterprise-level application systems that are scalable and complex
- Understanding of recent practices including Agile methods, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Artificial intelligence & Security
- Deep knowledge of the Cloud Service Provides capabilities and relative strengths (AWS, Azure, GCP, Ali)
- Experience of transformation and change programs across a large technology organisation
To apply for this role, either contact Paddy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.