Desktop Support Team Lead
We're looking for a hands-on, Senior Desktop Support Specialist for our client in New York City, who are a world-leading trading firm. You will drive optimisation for the 'Help' team, partnering with other global leads and technology teams to serve the tech needs of all employees globally.
By understanding the technology stack and business, you'll be a subject matter expert for junior technicians and end users. You will b relied upon to keep day-to-day operations running smoothly, and will have the opportunity to deliver highly-visible solutions; assist in improving business operations; and participate in a dynamic, changing industry.
- As the Desktop Support Team Lead, you’ll be the Level Two point-of-contact for escalations regarding any IT-related requests or issues. As a leader, you'll oversee the Help team and have several direct reports, but remain very much in the weeds managing the ticket queue and any incoming requests related to IT issues.
- Administer and support configurations and records of everything end-users face, as well as own the data reporting and cleanup. Endpoints include desktops or laptops, mobile devices, printers, AV gear, and any peripherals
- In addition to solving day-to-day issues, you’ll be responsible for understanding why they occur and providing long-term solutions to prevent them from happening again.
- Serve as a technical lead on projects involving support teams. When needed, you’ll be the hands, eyes, and ears of other teams to provide hands-on assistance for systems and applications
- Ensure that all policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues are followed, and that the Help team is up to date with industry standard policies and protocols. You’ll also be able to suggest recommendations based on requests from various departments and locations, run the required research, and test various potential solutions on a global scale
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Deep knowledge and experience with Macs and MacOS. Will also need to be knowledgeable on Windows devices as well
- Prior experience in a Desktop Support role and the ability to manage your daily functions while assisting on projects and handling recurring tasks independently
- Experience working with and assisting users of AV systems and event endpoints in a highly technical environment
- Expertise not only troubleshooting issues and finding their rooting cause, but also clearly documenting steps taken to troubleshoot and ensuring they don’t reoccur
- A deep understanding of the usual OSs and endpoints - how to provision, deploy, and maintain them; what protects them; and the software that runs on them.
- Advanced familiarity with endpoint management tools and / or modern MDM / UEM style tools. Experience working with collaboration tools, conferencing systems, remote IT tools, and ticketing systems is crucial.
- Possess a “no task too small” attitude. You must be willing to move equipment around, work overtime or off hours from time to time, travel locally between sites or elsewhere for special events, and help set up when needed.
- An understanding of networking and server systems, along with expert troubleshooting techniques when connecting to them
- The ability to speak in technical and non-technical jargon, and translate both into comprehendible documentation and requirements company-wide
- The ability to empathise with the end-user and craft solutions to help them swiftly while under stress
- An understanding of scripting, scripting languages, and how they can be used to deploy packages and automate tasks
- The ability to make decisions on day-to-day support questions without needing to check with the leadership team for guidance
- Professional proficiency in Mandarin and English, as well as the ability to read simplified Chinese
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.