Our client is one of New York City’s hottest trading firms. They seek a Helpdesk Manager to lead a small, but growing team of support engineers. The Helpdesk Manager will be responsible for the technical needs of over 350 employees, ranging from basic users to highly technical programmers with complex coding environments. The ideal candidate will be a technical leader with the ability to provide guidance and mentorship to a team that manages Mac, Linux, and Windows machines, but will also be an excellent communicator with demonstrated success at leading, inspiring, and motivating a multi-functional and growing IT support team. This role requires balancing technical excellence with outstanding customer service and building a team that provides both.
- Supervise the team, including recruiting and training new team members, setting challenging goals, and maintaining an extremely high level of support
- Provide leadership on endpoint client management projects for macOS, Linux, and Windows
- Lead process improvements with definable metrics for improving user support
- Manage company-wide shared resources including email, meeting software, and phone services. Research, test, and implement new solutions as needed.
- Coordinate with other teams to onboard new employees smoothly and make teams productive quickly
- Deploy and manage endpoint security software, access controls, and monitoring
- Oversee financial application infrastructure running on Windows servers
- Drive infrastructure projects that interact with on-premise and off-premise applications
- Find new opportunities to increase company productivity
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years managing four or more direct reports
- Proven track record project managing large-scale IT projects
- Experience managing Mac, Linux, or Windows environments of at least 1000 endpoints
- Experience designing and managing on-premise, off-premise, and hybrid infrastructure
- Proficient at scripting in BASH, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, or another language
- Familiar with Unix/Linux command line environments and comfortable discussing coding environments with technical staff
- Strong project management skills
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.