Our client provides real-time data, news, and analytics to some of the biggest players in finance, who rely on their software to manage their portfolios, analyse the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. With hundreds of thousands of clients worldwide, it’s critical for their systems to be stable, reliable, and always available.
The Incident Management team manage the coordination and communication for all service-impacting outages to ensure they have a minimal impact on all downstream users and are resolved as quickly as possible. To do this, they structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. The team is the central point of contact for all stakeholders and ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders during significant outages. They are also responsible for Problem Management activities and help pursue root cause analysis and remediation actions to make sure incidents don't happen again in the future.
• Facilitate the resolution by effective communication across multiple teams
• Quickly assess the severity of an outage in regards to business impact and technical complexity
• Notify, escalate, and communicate to senior management the existence and status of outages, as necessary
• Help coordinate the investigations and drive the incidents to resolution/remediation
Technical Experience and Knowledge
• Experience with incident management for application or infrastructure services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
• Strong collaboration skills and an interest in developing a strong network
• Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
• Good organisation skills and excel at multitasking with the ability to ‘pick up the pace’ during major outages
• Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
• ITIL Service Support knowledge
• Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.