IT Product Manager
Work with a leading trading firm’s technology group to monitor and maintain a mixed Windows and Linux environment, spread across physical and virtual compute (AWS) over three continents. Will be responsible for creating, cultivating, and executing a sustainable lifecycle plan for many internal products, from their user-facing remote access platform to their back-end server management suite.
You’ll be involved in implanting new features, rolling bugfixes, and timing maintenance tasks, gaining exposure to many segments of the business. This client develops software using functional programming languages (F#, OCaml), and whilst direct experience here isn’t essential it is certainly a bonus. You’ll write progress reports with in-depth analysis, including root cause analysis and mitigation strategies. For projects in your domain, you will coordinate the execution of the plan, working with the global team. Over time you will facilitate successive waves of user adoption, compiling feedback from users, engineers, and support.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Comfortable with technology generally, especially enterprise products relevant to medium-sized companies and an understanding of open source alternatives.
- Enthusiasm for discussing and deconstructing technical and organisational problems.
- Proven track record of internal marketing and culture carrying.
- Comfort working in a global environment across multiple time zones (offices in Asia, Europe, and the US).
- Subject matter expertise in Windows (especially Active Directory, Group Policy, and other common Windows administration sub-systems), Linux, high-performance computing, networking, IT support, or similar technical domain would be a bonus, but is not required to be successful in the role.
- Familiarity with software development and programming languages such as PowerShell, C#, or F# would be a bonus, but is not required.
- Excellent written communication skills, covering easy-to-read executive summaries and deep dives into technical subjects.
To apply for this role, either contact Paul at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.