Senior Application Security Architect
Led by the CISO of one of the finest technology-driven financial institutions on the planet, this core team influences and advises the entire technology division globally, responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber-attacks, helping to develop even more secure software, applications, and infrastructure.
In this role, you will be reviewing software architecture designs and helping identify flaws earlier in the SDLC. You will leverage your App Sec knowledge to guide developers and architects on how to build secure software on-prem and in the cloud. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of prior experience performing threat modelling or secure design reviews.
- Perform software architecture design reviews for on-prem or cloud deployments.
- Serve as an Application security liaison for the developers and architects in the respective Business Unit.
- Review security assessment reports from pentest and code review engagements.
- Conduct Read out Calls with the business to articulate risk and recommend a mitigation strategy.
- Develop secure architecture design patterns.
- Mentor other junior members of the team.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more technical roles (focusing in application security).
- Prior experience in performing Threat Modelling or Secure Design Reviews.
- Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns - AWS is preferred.
- Knowledge of most common Application Security vulnerabilities – e.g., OWASP Top 10 and cloud security gaps.
- Familiarity with Security standards such as OWASP Testing Guide, OWASP ASVS, NIST and Sans top 20.
- Common security controls and how they apply to different designs and systems including but not limited to secure authentication, access controls, encryption (at rest/ in transit), IDS/IPS, DLP, malware etc.
- Experience in application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of web, thick-client, or mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of application security tools such as fuzzers, scanners, debuggers, decompilers, proxies, simulators, etc.
- Familiarity with modern and common web stack technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML5, AJAX, REST, etc.) and platforms (e.g. DropWizard, Springboot, AngularJS, React Tomcat, .Net, Sybase, MS SQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Understanding of core cryptography concepts (Encryption, Hashing, HMAC, digital signatures) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks).
- Ability to analyse protocols (OAuth, SAML, OIDC), flows and interactions in a system design to evaluate gaps.
- Ability to identify threats, abuse cases, and gaps in the design before it is implemented.
- Good written and oral communication to be able to articulate risks to both technical and management stakeholders.
- Knowledge of network, application and operating system security risks.
- MS in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security.
- Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer science, computer security, software development, system design, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, etc.
- Experience doing architecture review of Mobile applications.
To apply for this role, either contact Max at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.