[c. £200k+ Comp Package (or equivalent), Hybrid Working]
Unleash your potential as a Linux engineer with a premier client, committed to world-class quantitative investment management. Optimise infrastructures, automate tasks and keep pace with the latest kernel features. You'll drive the full lifecycle of your work, backed by a 25+ year legacy of excellence and a vibrant, closely-knit community. Contribute to their winning journey and craft your own growth story.
- Improve performance of trade execution plant through hardware evaluation, kernel internals, and kernel-bypass
- Lead and participate in transformative projects such as improved observability, cloud migration, and multi-region resilient trading systems
- Work with multiple teams to solve cross-team problems
- Operate in various domains and develop software to improve systems
- Support and enhance production Linux environment through provisioning, monitoring, packaging, and configuration management
- Identify and resolve issues before they cause trouble, handle disruptions and escalated incidents with urgency
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 3+ years of relevant experience, particularly in finance or tech, which rely on fast, reliable, real-time systems
- Deep knowledge of Linux, including package management, kernel and subsystems, config management, and virtualisation
- Strong coding skills beyond simple scripting
- Experience with full stack debugging and performance analysis using tools such as tcpdump, gdb, perf, strace, ss, and ethtool
- SME-level experience supporting higher level systems such as Kerberos, LDAP, NetApp, Splunk, DNS, and PostgreSQL
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.