Linux Engineer (Kubernetes)
Our client provides market data services and customised managed infrastructure solutions to the global capital markets community. As industry experts as the centre of markets and technology they help their clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets.
Our client is seeking a Linux Engineer with a strong focus in particular on Kubernetes, as well as modern cloud, DevOps, and SRE best practices. The ideal candidate will have excellent expertise in automation, operating systems, and applying software engineering methods to solve operational problems. With an excellent Linux/Unix pedigree, and excellent development skills, you will be able to solve complex engineering problems through the application of composable tools and modern design patterns and automation solutions. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be a capable written and verbal communicator, and will champion the automation and DevOps agenda throughout the firm.
- Design and optimize OS provisioning tools and automation frameworks to achieve zero- touch provisioning of Linux environments on bare-metal, virtual and/or cloud environments
- Drive design and implementation of automation through Infrastructure as Code approaches, so that both brownfield and greenfield server estates can be managed, secured and operated using modern SRE and DevOps best practices
- Bring CI/CD approaches, with an emphasis on automated testing, to bear on OS-level and container-level problem domains
- Design and implement creative solutions to operations problems, incidents, or outages such that these problems remain fixed and, as a result, operational toil is materially reduced
- Ensure scalability, availability, reliability, and security is delivered to all internal and client-serving systems
- Build best-in-class HybridCloud infrastructure using IaC and CI/CD approaches against GCP, Azure and AWS
- Build, design and evolve multiple Kubernetes environments for the firm and its clients both on-prem and in-cloud
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong exposure to Infrastructure-as-Code toolsets (Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong development experience (Python, Golang, Rust, Bash)
- Excellent knowledge of git (rebase, merge, cherrypick, etc)
- Strong views on CI/CD approaches with proven expertise in implementing these (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, etc)
- Excellent experience with Virtual Server infrastructure (VMWare, KVM, Nutanix, others) Excellent Linux knowledge (Redhat, CentOS)
- Excellent knowledge of containers and Kubernetes, including design, build and maintenance of k8s environments and supporting developers in releasing into k8s
- Knowledge of Kubernetes Operators and Kubernetes-native development highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of public cloud, including a strong emphasis on infrastructure-as- code (Terraform, others)
- Knowledge of one or more persistence platforms like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Elastic, Redis, Cassandra, various SQL and noSQL database platforms is also expected.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, and networking.
Good knowledge of API-based environments, (REST, GraphQL, etc)
- Information Security mindset, with strong grounding in PKI, encryption, network security, OS-hardening and related best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in relevant discipline is preferred.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.