Linux Platform Engineer (Kubernetes)
Opportunity to join one of the worlds finest hedge funds who take great pride in their technology and engineers. The Linux Platform Engineering team is responsible for architecting and engineering the cloud and on-premise Linux platforms that run the bulk of the firms compute workloads. They work with various teams to enable engineers, quants, researchers, and developers to best leverage Linux and related platforms within the firm. The Platform Kubernetes Engineer will be working as part of a team to build a multi-tenant Kubernetes solution for the client's internal customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about opensource software, Linux and Kubernetes. You will be helping to develop operators for deploying and managing Kubernetes with a model-driven, pluggable approach. You will bring Kubernetes to a wide range of use cases across public cloud as part of a transformation to orchestrated container workloads.
- Manage systems efficiently at scale through standardisation, automation, testing, and in-depth monitoring
- Enforce development standards for source control, testing, and continuous integration for infrastructure, OS, patches, and configuration management
- Develop self-service pipelines for deploying infrastructure and platforms that developers and portfolio managers can integrate with
- Work with business owners to regularly re-prioritise the book of work, while delivering both tactical and long-term objectives
- Develop well-defined processes for testing and integrating new technologies to meet both business and technical needs
- Drive the elimination of operational tasks through automation and self-service
- Drive efficient utilisation of resources through metrics and reporting
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required
- The candidate should have in depth knowledge of Linux systems administration, networking, and security, including automated configuration, state management, and orchestration across systems
- Design, build, and automate new solutions centred around the Kubernetes container orchestration platform and its ecosystem of projects
- Must have experience with monitoring platforms such as, but not limit to, Prometheus, Cortex, ELK, Grafana, et
- Experience working with configuration management driven administration using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible is desired
- Experience working with bare metal servers and public cloud technologies, such as, but not limited to AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Solid programming and scripting skills required. Comfort and experience with BASH, Python, Go and/or Ruby
- Experience working on large collaborative software projects that include source control and SDLC strategies
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs as well as developing REST APIs is highly desired
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.