Linux Systems Administrator
Linux Engineers work with the critical infrastructure underlying this market leading trading firm’s technology. Members of this group are systems engineers, administrators, and programmers, tasked with maintaining, improving, and sometimes transforming the platform that the production trading systems run on. Our mix of in-house and open source systems allow you to dive to the real source of a problem without having to play guessing games with a vendor. Deployment automation, scalable configuration management, and obsessive monitoring are a large focus.
You'll work directly with colleagues in trading, technology, and operations to understand and react to issues as they arise during the trading day, and design solutions to prevent them from arising again. The ability to identify and communicate accurate and timely information to the firm's trading desks is of the utmost importance during the resolution of an issue.
Technical Skills and Experience
- You must have an interest in functional programming. Much of the work is done in OCaml, a statically typed functional programming language with similarities to: Haskell, Scheme, Erlang, F# and SML.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical degree preferred.
- Clear and concise communication skills as well as the ability to efficiently analyse and deconstruct technical problems.
- Solid understanding of Linux systems and a strong grounding in common network technologies.
- Comfort working at the command-line, including with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl.
- Programming experience in any language (functional languages a plus).
- In interest in learning OCaml, our language of choice (no prior experience necessary).
- Professional experience in a related role advantageous.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.