Linux Systems Administrator
This trading firm seeks a highly-motivated and talented Systems Administrator to join their core infrastructure team, working with passionate and curious individuals who thrive on solving complex problems. This team builds and maintains trading infrastructure – hyper-optimized low-latency, operating systems, automation software, and development tools that allow their research and trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. Much of their hardware and operating system layers reflect the state-of-the-art at any given time. This is a very hands-on, high-impact and high-performance role. You will see the results of your work immediately and have a direct impact on the company.
- Own the lifecycle of Linux-based servers and applications across multiple business environments
- Automate/troubleshoot a broad range of technical infrastructure
- Implement and support performance monitoring and fault monitoring systems
- Compile, package, install and upgrade software and operating system components
- Create repeatable and deterministic server builds with collaborative input from development, trading, and hardware teams.
- Be an expert resource for performance tuning of the operating system, kernel and server hardware
- You will have the chance to identify improvement opportunities in environment, architecting and deploying end-to-end solutions focused on simplicity and automation
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Expertise in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Linux systems
- Experience with system configuration management tools (Salt, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience over a wide-range of services utilising features such as load balancing, high availability, scaling, and best practice architectures
- An engineering mindset focused on continual improvement
- Focus on automating where it makes sense with solid scripting skills
- Experience working in environments encompassing virtualization, networking devices, storage, and Microsoft technologies
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Attention to detail needed to manage and debug production services
- Ability to context switch to work on several projects at once
- Experienced Linux Systems Engineer who understands ownership of both technical and business problems, building outcomes resulting in high business impact
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.