Linux Systems Engineer
Our client in the heart of New York City is a globally-leading financial services organisation, bringing together data analysis and innovation to help solve some of the toughest investment management challenges.
The Linux Systems Manager will help maintain and advance a core trading platform, driving to achieve low latency delivery of market data to-and-from multiple exchanges. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base in Linux administration are of course extremely essential.
- Ensure market data is processed, stabilised, and redistributed in a high-volume production environment.
- Develop, operate, and maintain the infrastructure necessary to deliver changes rapidly.
- Work directly with trading desks to ensure successful trading and minimal outages.
- Implement and manage tools to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations
- Work directly with exchanges and data providers to bring value to all the trading desks.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another technical, scientific discipline
- Advanced scripting ability with Python and Bash
- Extensive Linux Administration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of high performance networking technology (such as kernel bypass) is preferred but not required
- Proven experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Demonstrated track record of supporting live production systems.
To apply for this role, either contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.