Linux Systems Engineer
Our client is a young, innovative firm which runs validators on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Cosmos, Solana, Celo, Polkadot and Oasis, with over $100 million assets under management.
They seek a Platforms Engineer to maintain and scale the staking infrastructure. Security and reliability are key to everything done. This position is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team on cutting-edge blockchain networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
- Maintain, scale and monitor existing infrastructure, including cloud machines, bare metal servers and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow the firm to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services.
- Reason about and improve the security properties of infrastructure. Secure key management, server hardening and intrusion detection are important themes.
- Institute monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure. Enable other team members to attend and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Develop software related to blockchain data extraction or interchain communication, on an as-needed basis.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to work independently. Has prior work experience in a medium sized company or as a Platforms/DevOps lead in a startup.
- Has prior experience with a range of diverse DevOps tools. They use Kubernetes, Ansible, and Packer.
- Possesses good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Is able to develop tooling, and monitoring solutions where none exist, and can debug unreliable software - many of the projects ran are of alpha quality.
- Good knowledge of Golang and/or Rust would be a significant advantage.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related subject is a plus, but not strictly needed.
What this company offers:
- Autonomy, a friendly and supportive work environment, and the opportunity for rapid growth.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- All-expense paid quarterly team retreats at exotic destinations (Coronavirus permitting). Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA and South Korea.
- Remote work
- Brand-new laptop
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem.
- Learn about state of the art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.