Linux Systems Engineer
Our client provides integrated front-to-back office services to investment managers and financial institutions. Their core service offering encompasses the full asset management life-cycle, including a portfolio management system, risk analysis, operations (trade processing, fund accounting, and treasury services), compliance support, and investor relations services.
We’re offering an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The successful candidate will join the Unix team which supports all aspects of the group’s global Unix estate. This includes on-prem servers that host key services such as the portfolio management system, AWS-hosted infrastructure, business-critical storage devices, as well as third-party tools used by internal development teams.
- Provisioning and management of physical and virtual Linux servers, both on premise and in EC2
- Investigation and resolution of hardware and software issues, liaising with third parties where necessary
- Ongoing patching of Linux operating systems, applications, and appliances
- Involvement in hardware refresh cycles
- Installation, configuration, and management of several mostly developer-facing applications such as GitLab, Nexus and Graylog
- Management of AWS infrastructure via Terraform
- Monitoring and capacity planning
- On-call cover 24x7 one week in two
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- RHEL system administration and patching
- Unix shell scripting and automation
- Experience with tools such as Puppet and Terraform
- Good working knowledge of core AWS services
- Good general networking knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, NTP, iSCSI etc
- NetApp administration
- Veritas NetBackup
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with end users and other technology staff
- Ability to work in a small team, to manage and share tasks and to make design decisions as part of a team and in conjunction with other teams
- Experience of working in a change-controlled IT environment and with business-critical systems
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.