Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is one of the world’s leading market data institutions. They ingest real-time data and news from hundreds of exchanges and thousands of newswires around the world – to the tune of 100 billion ticks of data per day. SREs ensure the product is fast, reliable, and always available.
The successful candidate will join the team who are responsible for meeting clients needs for speed and stability across the market data pipeline. They are constantly working with application teams to design better software and build a more stable production environment; collaborating with feature developers; writing automation and monitoring software; and focusing on weak points in the pipeline as needed.
- Build a robust monitoring platform for the market data pipeline, from hundreds of diverse parsers to delivery of data to clients, to address issues before they impact clients and help with a speedy resolution of issues
- Help establish SLOs and SLIs that can be used to measure quality as an organisation, and contribute to engineering projects aimed at ensuring those standards are met
- Work with the development team to highlight recurring issues; you will ensure these are addressed across all feed handlers in a consistent way
- Automate away manual processes to increase reliability and time to market while at the same time reducing cost
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Proficiency in an Object Oriented language such as C++ or Java
- Excellent Python skills
- Familiarity with design and implementation of large scale distributed systems
- Experience with SRE style applications: production monitoring, capacity management, automated deployment, orchestration, configuration management, etc
- Knowledge and experience of applying agile practices to software development
- Strong working knowledge of software testing practices and metrics
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills: you can effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, immediate peer group and senior managers.
- A desire to learn new technologies and apply them where appropriate to improve the quality of the software and processes
- Market Data industry exposure or knowledge
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.