Market Data Engineer
Our client is a global, $40bn hedge fund with more than 3000 employees and offices in North America, Europe and Asia. They pursue a global multi-strategy approach to investing, seeking to achieve above-average risk-adjusted returns. Their investment strategies include: Relative Value Fundamental Equity, Statistical Arbitrage, Fixed Income, Merger Arbitrage, Futures/Currency, and Options among others.
They seek a Market Data Engineer to work across both high & low-latency trading.
Technical experience required:
- Expert knowledge of the design, engineering, and operations of direct feed market data infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system, including system administration optimisation, and troubleshooting. An in-depth knowledge of low-latency technologies preferred but not required.
- Advanced ability in a scripting language such as bash, Python, or Perl.
- Strong knowledge of various network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, multicast.
- Expert in Refinitiv TREP middleware and other similar middleware technologies such as Kafka
- Experience working with European real-time consolidated and direct feeds
- Experience working with leading real-time market data providers in a low latency
- Familiar with configuring ITRS or other monitoring systems
- Confident working in common operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
Preferable but not essential:
- Cloud experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiarity with quantitative finance and electronic trading concepts.
- Broad understanding of equities, derivatives, futures, FX, or other financial-service instruments
- Ability to understand and discuss requirements from portfolio managers.
- Experience operating and monitoring both high- and low-latency trading environments.
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with open source DevOps projects
- Cloud DevOps experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: C/C++, Java, Scala, or C#
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Self-starter and critical thinker, takes ownership of own projects and makes improvement/suggestions for the entire infrastructure.
- Proactive, assertive and attentive to details.
- Can work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Can handle several projects with different priorities at the same time in a fast-paced
- Ability to work in a trading environment under pressure
To apply for this role, either contact Paddy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.