Market Data Specialist
We're looking for an experienced market data specialist to join our London client, a market-leading hedge fund. You'll work on content ingestion, delivery, and support to join a small specialist group serving as the 'data arm' of a large portfolio management group. The team uses state of art technologies to efficiently deliver data to its customers.
This opportunity is for a business/customer focused individual individual who is passionate about data driven investing.
- Ingest, manage, and support various vendor datasets
- Exploratory analysis to validate and improve quality of data
- Document key dataset information, known issues and recommended access methods
- Coordinate with multiple departments to successfully complete certain data projects
- Manage vendor data notification of future changes and analyse the impact to firm data/system
- Develop and enhance data monitoring and alerting framework
- Troubleshoot data availability and quality
- Maintain and develop applications required for subset of datasets
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ experience in financial industry in role requiring similar skills
- Knowledge of data in multiple asset classes Equity, Futures, Fixed Income a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of the LINUX operating system, including NFS, system administration, optimisation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience on cloud platforms with AWS, GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with real-time market data platforms a strong plus
- Programming expertise in Python, C++, Java or C# required
- Programming skills in SQL, PL-SQL or T-SQL
- Knowledge of Job Scheduling & Workflow management platforms Strong oral and written communication
- Strong problem-solving skills
To apply for this role, either contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.