Network Automation Engineer
Our client, a tech-driven hedge fund is on the lookout for a Network Automation Engineer to be a member of the Systems Development team. This is the team that builds and maintains the platform of infrastructure and software that is shared by all Systems teams to provision, monitor, and manage our servers and networks. Their main focus will be on network automation projects and network focused tool development in Python. Improving and integrating their existing tools and libraries across the environment as well as designing and building new ones to make a multivendor network environment easier to manage, deploy, and monitor. A background in network engineering is required, along with strong Python skills.
- Building software and data models for network configuration
- Improving metrics collection on network devices
- Expanding monitoring of network devices
- Automating existing processes for network configuration and training Network Engineers on the new tooling
- Contributing back to open source network automation tools like Napalm
- Work to automate away the toil of networks on-call
- BS / MS in Networking or Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience
- Always on the lookout for automation opportunities
- Familiarity with and have an interest in working with open-source software
- Strong Python programming experience
- Basic understanding of network routing and switching
- Experience with some network configuration automation tools
- Knowledge of Linux, process management, and network communication
- Familiarity with any of these network automation tools: Ansible, Salt, netconf, netmiko, python-napalm or openconfig
- Ability to design robust software solutions where one size doesn’t fit all
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Multicast experience preferred.
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.