Network Automation Engineer
Our client provides agile and transparent technology solutions to the financial markets community, including infrastructure hosting, network connectivity, market data, and cloud service.
The network automation engineer will be responsible for design, deployment, and escalated problem management for a global trading network. You’ll work with major financial exchanges to design, automate, develop, and solve system issues, participating in business analysis.
- Design and deploy customer networks with automation, security, and operability as a focus.
- Strategize on methods to improve overall network infrastructure with a low-latency profile. Support internal and external customer facing issues.
- Construct valid configurations for implementation based upon design and/or technical concepts.
- Support deployment and maintenance of network switches, routers, firewalls, and other network appliances.
- Maintain and drive the Network Automation tooling and automated change management tool chain.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 3-5 years of experience working on network equipment in a Trading, Service Provider or a large NOC.
- 3-5 years of experience with Juniper, Arista, and/or Cisco hardware and software CCNP certified or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Good understanding and deployment experience in the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP).
- Understanding of Multicast Routing (IGMP, PIM) NAT (Static, Dynamic).
- Expertise with network-as-code Jinja2 Templating, YAML, CI/CD pipeline and toolset such as Git/GitLab/Jenkins.
- Expertise with REST APIs, JSON, Protobufs, gRPC.
- Experience with Python scripting languages
- Familiarity with any of these network automation tools; Ansible, Netmiko, napalm or
- Nornir Expertise with Cloud application software development and administration, cloud networking
- Experience with virtualized environment configuration capabilities – VM’s, containers
- Experience with one or more Databases – MySQL, Postgres, InfluxDB, Prometheus
- Understanding of Linux at a network and system level
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Network Sniffers (TCP/IP Analysis)
- Firewalls (VPNs, Policies) Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF) Batfish, NetBox, Flask, Pandas, Terraform
- Openstack, OpenDaylight, ONOS
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.