We're offering the opportunity to join what is truly one of the most prestigious, tech-driven hedge funds in the world, where only the very best succeed. They seek a systems engineer proficient in networking technologies to join its infrastructure engineering team. This is a hands-on technical role within a cross-platform engineering team responsible for core technology infrastructure.
Infrastructure Engineering designs and maintains the firm's operating systems (Linux and Windows), authentication systems, databases, virtualisation infrastructure, core network services, and messaging in both internal-and external-facing environments. This engineer will be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, particularly - but not exclusively - on network devices, protocols, and systems that underpin our infrastructure.
Technical Skills and Experience required:
- Candidates should have a degree in computer science.
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java (or similar languages) is required.
- Knowledge of networking devices (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto, or other similar vendors), protocols, systems, tooling, and automation (e.g., using Python or other open source/vendor products) are also prerequisites.
- Previous experience with the design and end-to-end implementation of performant, reliable, and secure network systems is desired, as are superb troubleshooting capabilities and experience with diagnostic/tracing tools on both endpoint devices (e.g., Linux and/or Windows) and vendor network devices.
- Familiarity with common enterprise and datacenter networking devices and security or management tools—or knowledge of software-defined networking protocols and solutions—is preferred but is not required.
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.