Our NYC client are a high-flying trading firm. Their networks team designs, builds, and maintains all the infrastructure that allows global trading and research environment to run 24/7. They seek a network engineer with experience deploying and maintaining large networks and managing the full WAN optimisation lifecycle. You will drive our WAN strategy, manage vendor relationships, on-board new markets, and much more.
This position requires both project management and deep technical skills; you’ll be responsible for everything from negotiations to routing configuration and troubleshooting. You will work closely with the systems and operations teams to build, manage, and monitor the low-latency trading network. You’ll have broad responsibilities and freedom to analyse and solve problems, and your solutions will have an immediate impact on operations worldwide.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: able to distill complicated issues into clear and concise terms
- Able to create and maintain clear and effective technical documentation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on wide variety of networking issues, including common Ethernet LAN problems, office Wi-Fi, multicast market data distribution, and global WAN
- Able to help others inside and outside of the firm; understand complex symptoms and debug effectively in tight timeframes
- In-depth understanding of common layer 2 and layer 3 network protocols and best practices; working knowledge of OSPF, BGP, PIM, IGMP
- Experience managing Arista, Cisco, and other common networking devices on a day-to-day basis
- Experience in designing enterprise networks, capacity planning, and full lifecycle project management
- Experience with packet decoding and analysis tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark
- Understanding of basic power consumption and cooling issues in a datacenter environment
- Knowledge of fibre optics technology and cabling standards; ability to sort through specs and make recommendations on appropriate purchases
- Experience with Unix/Linux command line and networking stack.
- Familiarity with firewalls, VPNs and NAT
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related IT field
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
- High attention to detail and excellent prioritisation skills, able to plan and prioritise workloads to meet implementation schedules
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.