This trading firm seeks a highly-motivated and talented Network Engineer to join their core infrastructure team, working with passionate and curious individuals who thrive on solving complex problems. This team builds and maintains trading infrastructure – hyper-optimized low-latency, operating systems, automation software, and development tools that allow their research and trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. Much of their hardware and operating system layers reflect the state-of-the-art at any given time. This is a very hands-on, high-impact and high-performance role. You will see the results of your work immediately and have a direct impact on the company.
- Deploy, monitor, and configure network infrastructure
- Manage Cisco, Arista, and Juniper network equipment
- Recommend and implement system improvements
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high-frequency traders in a competitive market-making environment
- Take an automated, data driven approach to diagnosing and solving complex network infrastructure issues such as micro-bursting, jitter and queuing.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience supporting a large-scale global network environment
- Reliable and predictable availability An engineering mindset focused continual improvement
- Focus on automating where it makes sense with solid scripting skills
- Advance knowledge and troubleshooting of IP networking, TCP/ IP
- Knowledge of Switching, Routing (BGP, OSPF) and Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- Experience with monitoring tools (i.e. Icinga, Splunk, PRTG).
- Experience working with one or more of the following hardware platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Arista)
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.