Network Implementation Engineer
Our client provides market data and customised managed infrastructure services, helping their customers scale the businesses and access global markets, supporting them through the full trading lifecycle.
For their Networks function, we seek a Design and Implementation Engineer to deliver best in class low latency connectivity solutions for internal and external infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will play a key role across various teams, being a proactive engineer with much attention to detail. They will also be responsible for working with the Service Operations Team to ensure that all escalations are dealt with in a timely and effective manger.
- Design, deployment, and escalated problem resolution, for a large service provider network infrastructure
- Perform detailed checkouts of the environment following changes
- Construct valid configurations for implementation based upon design and/or technical concepts
- Support deployment and gradational changes of network switches, routers, firewalls, and other network appliances
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes
- Perform peer review of configurations scheduled for deployment
- Perform network infrastructure changes in a diligent and professional manner
- Participate an on-call rotation for support escalations
- Troubleshoot internal and external customer issues related to changes
- Work with network engineering team to design new client specific connectivity solutions
Technical Experience and Knowledge
- 7- 10 years' experience deploying and supporting network equipment in a service provider environment or a large-scale Enterprise network
- 5 years+ experience working on financial networks, ideally including exchange market data connectivity.
- Experience working in a heterogeneous network environment involving but not restricted to Arista, Cisco, Fortinet and/or Juniper hardware and software
- CCNP/JNCIP - CCIE certified or equivalent level of knowledge
- Highly proficient in routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, MPLS
- Advanced understanding of Multicast Routing (IGMP, PIM, MSDP)
- Expert level knowledge of TCP, UDP and upper layer protocols
- Experience with cross-connectivity to high-speed, ultra-low latency financial markets and venues
- Experience in building configurations and deployment automation via Ansible (or like configuration management software)
- Experience working on Layer 1 switches preferred
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash and/or Python
- Ability to analyse and diagnose problems and effectively lead to system recovery
- Understanding of JIRA as a ticketing system
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.