Our client is arguably one of the finest hedge funds in the world, and as such only the very best technologists excel here. They are looking for a uniquely talented software engineer to join their world-class team of technologists. This engineering team works on challenging and complicated problems, and in return they have a chance to make a direct impact on the company's bottom line. There is fantastic growth potential with this firm.
The Platform team (which consists of incredibly talented software engineers) are able to dig deep into issues, submit patches to the OSS products, and embed into other development teams throughout the company to help get them onto the new platform. They will work with all other development teams within the company with the goal of moving over to one single platform. This powers everything from real-time trading systems to big-data batch processing pipelines.
- Develop complex new software systems, extend and integrate the latest open-source and third-party services, containerization and orchestration technologies, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Shape how ‘web-scale’ technologies can be applied in a financial trading organization with varied use-cases and stringent performance and reliability requirements.
- Work embedded with application teams to integrate infrastructure into their real use-cases, work hand-in-hand with our Systems Infrastructure team to build a great platform.
Technical Experience and Qualifications required:
- 4+ years of experience establishing and evangelizing engineering best practices across a variety of engineering teams
- Significant experience programming in one or more of C++, Python, Go, or Java
- Ability to collaborate with a larger team on design innovations
- Keen debugging, problem-solving, and optimization skills
- Pragmatic and mature approach to technology
- Experience designing fully automated, scalable, supportable, and reliable trading systems highly desirable
- Bachelors or Masters degree in CS from a rigorous academic program
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.