Product Reliability Engineer
An exciting and rapidly growing software company, who are dedicated to solving persistent storage for containers. Our client exists to meet the needs of developers and infrastructure teams who need production-ready storage they can use from day one.
Reliability Engineers will ensure they ship high quality, stable, performant software to their users.
- Working with the Head of Product and Engineering, you’ll be a hands-on senior Reliability or Testing Engineer who has significant experience in Kubernetes, Golang, and distributed systems testing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make real impact on the technology and processes of this innovative firm.
- Perform automated testing on the product using custom frameworks and tooling
- Help manage and maintain the entire testing infrastructure, using a combination of standard DevOps tooling (Terraform and Ansible) and in-house automation code
- Contribute to and help guide stress testing and chaos engineering
- Write code to automatically benchmark the product and provide automated analysis of the results
- Contribute to release management process to shorten the development lifecycle and allow us to ship code to market faster
- Apply advanced OS and networking skills to test edge case scenarios
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Automated software testing
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. ansible, saltstack)
- Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines
- Computer science degree or natural sciences
- Golang: Intermediate to expert
- Kubernetes operation: Intermediate to expert
- Automated testing in a distributed systems environment
- Chaos engineering/stress testing
- Kubernetes administration/development
- Knowledge of etcd/the Raft algorithm
- Use of time series databases such as Prometheus or InfluxDB
- Performance analysis
- ePBF and related kernel instrumentation
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.