Opportunity with a top-tier global hedge fund with a strong commitment to leveraging innovations in technology and data science to solve complex problems for the business. They are assembling a strong Risk Technology team to build their next generation in-house risk tools. The team will sit under the Risk Technology group and develop/maintain the in-house VaR systems to support risk management and trading in Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit and FX business at Millennium. The role provides a dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent growth opportunities.
You will work closely with quants, risk managers, and other technology teams in New York, London, and Singapore to develop multi-asset analytics and VaR for in-house risk platform. Also work with other members of the team to ensure data is ingested, curated/standardised, stored, and managed properly to support the firm’s needs.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving skills and creativity
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Previous development experience with Python (pandas/numpy, Flask, FastAPI, plotly, etc.)
- Experience in building applications in AWS is required
- SQL Server (or similar) experience is required
- Good understanding of various Design Patterns, Algorithms & Data structures.
- Experience working with Git / GitHub
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Ability to interface well with users and other development teams
- Delivery orientated individual
- Experience working in a production environment
- BA or Master’s in computer science or any other scientific fields
Preferred, but non-essential skills:
- Java experience
- Understanding of financial services instruments
- Experience utilizing Kafka technologies
- Experience working in Linux environment
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.