Quant Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for an inquisitive technology enthusiast to join its Quant Systems team. A hands-on technical role within an engineering team responsible for high-performance trading and research infrastructure.
Quant Systems is a global team that designs and maintains the firm’s largest compute infrastructure which includes operating system platforms, software development tooling, high-performance computing, networking, and storage for research and trading. This engineer will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of technology initiatives in a distributed computing environment such as workload scheduling design and implementation, fleet management, clustered file system design and operation, software design and life cycle (SDLC), kernel and network performance tuning for low-latency and high-throughput applications, and metrics collection and data mining analysis.
- Ideally have a demonstrated interest in how technology works
- A degree in computer science (or another related technical discipline) or comparable experience of up to five years.
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, Rust, or another similar language is required.
- Knowledge of Linux-based systems and networking is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, as are superb organizational and time management abilities.
- In keeping with their firm's culture and the ever-changing nature of their work, they’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation than in any particular skill or experience.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.