Quant Systems Engineer
[c. £150-200k Comp Package (or equivalent), Flexible Working Options]
Come on board with a groundbreaker in computational finance and a trailblazer in inventive collaboration. In this hands-on technical position on the Quant Systems team, you'll engage in the creation and support of high-performance trading and research infrastructure. Our client nurtures an environment of excellence, diversity, and unfettered idea exploration, setting the stage for curious tech aficionados wanting to make a real difference. With a robust history of growth and accomplishment, this is the ideal spot to carve out your career and team up with high-achieving professionals.
- Work on a wide range of technology initiatives in a distributed computing environment
- Design and maintain compute infrastructure, including operating systems, development tooling, high-performance computing, networking, and storage
- Focus on workload scheduling, fleet management, clustered file system design and operation, software design and life cycle, kernel and network performance tuning, and metrics collection and data mining analysis
- Contribute to the success of the global Quant Systems team, which is responsible for the firm's largest compute infrastructure for research and trading
- Demonstrated interest in how technology works and a degree in computer science or a related technical discipline (or up to 5 years of comparable experience)
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, Rust, or a similar language
- Knowledge of Linux-based systems and networking a plus
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with a focus on time management
- Talent, curiosity, and motivation more important than specific skills or experience, in line with company's culture of innovation and adaptability
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.