Our client is a leading investment manager worldwide, who deliver results from a range of solutions across fundamental investing and quantitative investment strategies. They’re seeking a highly experienced Quant Dev to join a crucial team which enables data usage for the entire business.
The successful candidate will partner with several stakeholders, quant researchers, as well as data, technology, and risk teams.
- Technology team
- Develop a reliable, scalable, and flexible quantitative data platform.
- Build data infrastructure solutions and pipelines involving data at various scales.
- Design and implement a high-performing library of re-usable tools for use in thequantitative research process.
- Provide development support to individual embedded quant researchers, support specific workflows (SQL, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc.).
- Data Team
- Monitor and maintain integrity of data flows (raw and derived) to ensure that researchers get access to timely, clean and validated data on a daily basis.
- Act as the first point of contact for data-processing related problems.
- Liaise with the data engineering team to on-board and modify data sources.
- Implement business logic related to cleaning, validating, and augmenting traditional and alternative data to ensure it is suitable for core research.
- Develop high-performing and resilient text data and numerical processing algorithms.
- Ensure effective knowledge management within the team, including the sharing of data, key analysis, insights, and re-useable code.
- Oversee the code review process and ensure proper version control, and use of CI/CD pipeline.
- Interface with other teams to collaborate on shared libraries.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and quick learning ability.
- Exceptional process focus and ability to lead by example.
- A constant focus on quality control, improvements, and adherence to agreed processes and controls.
- Ability to interact with and influence various stakeholders of different tenure and levels of expertise.
- Fluency in one compiled language (e.g. C#, C++), one research language (e.g. python, Matlab, R), one database language (e.g. SQL, KDB+/Q).
- Clear understanding through experience of pros/cons of SQL, NoSQL, column-stores, document-store databases; understanding of interrelation between data types and APIs for transferring data between different platforms.
- Ability to write code fast without compromising on robustness, readability, maintainability and performance
- Experience with cloud, container, and microservice infrastructures (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, AWS, GCP)
To apply for this role, either contact Paul at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.