Our client is truly one of the finest tech-driven hedge funds on the planet, only the very best succeed here.
As a Reliability Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing tools to give visibility into the state of internal production systems, ensuring they're resilient to failure, automating manual processes, and remediating incidents in real-time (then diagnosing root causes to ensure they never happen again). The team is a highly-collaborative collection of engineers from a range of backgrounds that all share a passion to improve systems and to learn from one another while doing so.
- Software development of SRE owned systems, services, tools and libraries
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including monitoring, alerting and documentation
- Engaging with software engineering teams on architectural design, reliability, performance, support issues and improvements to tools, processes, and software
- Gathering and analysing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Primary operational support for multiple large distributed software applications
You will gain exposure to:
- Off the shelf and open source systems and utilities while provisioning production systems in a variety of domains including multi-tenant use (open source technologies include, but are not limited to: Jenkins, Grafana, Nagios, Genios, Zookeeper, github, Sonarqube, nginx, and MySQL)
- Relational database concepts and have the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries
Technical Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree, equivalent or higher in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Proficiency with one or more high level languages such as Java, C++ or Go
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution and continuous development and automation
- Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux Systems
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.